MASON CITY, Iowa - Mason City Motor Speedway is planning on renovations that will take most of the summer.
The track announced on social media that it is cutting the length of the track from a half-mile to 3/10th of a mile.
“The first race scheduled is August 11th (USMTS). If we can race earlier than that, we will. We will be on the track within the next few weeks to get the project going,” the track said.
- Renovations to begin soon at Mason City Motor Speedway
- Mason City YMCA begins Summer Feeding program
- Most read of 2017: Man denied use of motorized scooter leaving Mason City Fleet Farm
- Mason City murder trial scheduled to begin today
- Mason City summer lunch program begins this week
- More road closures begin Monday in Mason City
- Mason City downtown motel that developed into eyesore set to be renovated
- Forest City Schools to begin updates and renovations in school buildings
- Man on motorized scooter hit by SUV