NEVADA, Iowa (AP) — A January sentencing is scheduled for a registered sex offender in Iowa who prosecutors say has sexually abused more children.
Story County court records say 30-year-old Michael Ferguson entered Alford pleas Thursday to five counts of lascivious acts with a child. In an Alford plea, a person doesn't admit guilt but acknowledges there is enough evidence for a likely conviction.
Prosecutors committed to dropping a sex abuse charge in exchange for Ferguson's pleas. His sentencing is set for Jan. 14 at the courthouse in Nevada (nuh-VAYE'-duh). The crimes occurred during a camping trip in Colo, Iowa.
Ferguson was convicted of assault with the intent to commit sexual abuse of a teenage boy in 2008.
- Registered sex offender takes plea deal in Iowa sex abuse case
- Plea deal in Freeborn County sex abuse
- North Iowa man must remain a registered sex offender
- Plea deal in Buffalo Center sex abuse case
- Plea deal in NIACC dorm room sex abuse case
- Northeast Iowa sex assault arrest results in a plea deal
- Plea deal in Mason City sex assault
- Plea deal in sex crime case involving Stewartville man
- Guilty plea in Wright County sex abuse
- Not guilty plea in NIACC sex abuse case