DES MOINES, Iowa – The American Red Cross says it has distributed over 1,000 flood clean-up kits in Iowa.
The kits contain items like a collapsible mop handle, mop heads, heavy duty broom head, a squeegee head, bleach, garbage bags, rubber gloves, heavy duty work gloves and a large sponge. 400 of the kits have been handed out in Cerro Gordo County, with another 140 in Kossuth County.
Mark Tauscheck, Regional Communications Officer for the American Red Cross Serving Greater Iowa, says Red Cross vehicles from around the state have loaded up with the clean-up kits and driven into the communities hardest hit by flood waters. Tauscheck says they anticipate the need for more kits with additional rain expected through Tuesday.
- Red Cross handing out flood clean-up kits in Iowa
- Flood clean up kits available in Dodge County
- Flood cleanup kits available in Mason City
- Residents clean up after flooding
- Residents begin cleaning up after flooding in Iowa
- Flood cleanup kits offered to Mason City residents
- Historic North Iowa restaurant changing hands
- Iowa man loses hand in fireworks explosion
- Red Cross issues cold weather safety tips
- North Iowa flooding reminds residents of 2008 floods