ROCHESTER, Minn. - The Rochester Public School Board has selected three finalists to fill its interim superintendent opening.
Board members will interview Dr. Kent Pekel, Dr. Christina Bemboom, and Dr. John Thein next Tuesday afternoon. Below is initial information about each candidate.
Dr. Kent Pekel
- President and CEO, Search Institute, MN
- Doctorate in Education from the University of Minnesota, Masters in Education from Harvard University, B.A. in East Asian Studies from Yale
Dr. Christina Bemboom
- Senior Director of Student Support Services, Eden Prairie Schools, MN
- Doctorate in Educational Leadership, University of St. Thomas
- Specialist Degree in Educational Administration, North Dakota State University, Fargo
- Master of Science Degree in Education Administration, North Dakota State University
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Education, Mayville State University
Dr. John Thein
- Director of Finance, Stillwater Area Public Schools, MN
- Ph.D. in Educational Psychology, Special Education from University of Minnesota
- M.S. in Speech-Language Pathology from University of Iowa
All interviews will be live-streamed through the district's youtube channel, with the first scheduled 4:00 P.M.
The district is expected to enter into contract negotiations with the school board's top choice next Friday, and approve an agreement May 18th.