ROCHESTER, Minn.- The questions occur regularly.
"I play tennis alone so I'm kind of like, should I even go play alone anymore?"
Students at RCTC say they're shocked to hear the news of a golfer being murdered while practicing in Ames, Iowa.
"It's scary, it makes me feel like I should always be with someone or have something to protect me in the middle of the daylight when I don't need to."
"It's scary because I also go jogging during the day time... I am by myself all hours of the day."
While many say women should avoid going places alone, and always be aware of their surroundings, some men are now feeling that same discomfort. Like one student who goes golfing often. "I golf all the time by myself and never would you think that it's not safe to be by yourself on a golf course so it kind of makes you think twice about that."
But at the end of the day, another student says he won't let these incidents affect his every day life. "you can't live in fear because that's how they win."
- RCTC students react to Iowa State murder
- Students donate artwork to RCTC
- RCTC students talk about civility
- RCTC students meet with local and state candidates
- World Citizen Award for RCTC student
- RCTC students destress to prepare for finals
- New president named at RCTC
- RCTC president receives statewide award
- RCTC hosts Super Bowl party
- RCTC honors hard-working educators