ROCHESTER, Minn. – A statewide organization of college students is honoring the president of Rochester Community and Technical College.
Dr. Mary Davenport has been named 2018 “President of the Year” by LeadMN, which represents 180,000 two-year college students in Minnesota.
"President Davenport embodies everything that is great about the Minnesota State community," said Mike Dean, Executive Director of LeadMN. "She goes to work every day with the goal of making an impact on student lives by encouraging an educational environment that propels students to reach for the stars."
LeadMN is also recognizing Heather Darby as its “Alumni of the Year.” Darby graduated from RCTC in 2000 and is a former RCTC Student Senate President. This is the second time Darby has won the award.
"This alumni member has been a huge help to what goes on behind the scenes," said Chelsea Self, Public Relations Coordinator for LeadMN, "from reading hundreds of scholarship applications to assisting with our annual scholarship gala."
- RCTC president receives statewide award
- New president named at RCTC
- World Citizen Award for RCTC student
- Finalists named for next RCTC president
- DMC transit planning honored with statewide award
- RCTC wrestlers "exceeding" expectations
- RCTC receives new state-of-the-art machine
- RCTC receives funding to expand mental health services
- Students donate artwork to RCTC
- RCTC students talk about civility