MASON CITY, Iowa – Work on the Quiet Zone project will close another road on Thursday.
The Mason City Engineering Department says 15th Street SW will be shutdown to traffic between South Pierce Avenue and South Monroe Avenue. This closure will allow for street repairs and the installation of lane delineators near the Union Pacific Railroad crossing.
Work is expected to be finished by Monday, April 16.
The Engineering Department is encouraging drivers to use an alternate route and allow to extra travel time.
- Quiet Zone work to close another road in Mason City
- UPDATED: Railroad 'Quiet Zone' work starts Monday in Mason City
- Roads closed in Mason City and Rochester
- Two roads closed Monday in Mason City
- Mason City road closed due to recent rainfall
- Water valve repair to close Mason City road
- Parts of Mason City, North Iowa nominated for 'opportunity zone'
- Water valve replacement closing Mason City street
- Railroad crossing closed Thursday in Mason City
- Gas leak closes Mason City street