ROCHESTER, Minn. - One person was hospitalized during a fast-moving fire Thursday morning.
Rochester police were called to 1104 5th Avenue NW for a report of a garage on fire just after 10 a.m.
Flames were visible when crews arrived, and the garage and breezeway to the house have been deemed a total loss. Five people were evacuated from the home with one person leaving before crews arrived.
One person was taken to St. Marys Hospital for burns.
A neighbor described seeing one person running out of the residence with singed hair.
"Rochester Fire crews conducted an interior fire attack through the front door of the house while simultaneously attacking the flames in the garage through a window on the backside of the structure quickly extinguishing the fire. While the fire was being extinguished other fire crews made entry into the house and searched it to ensure that no one was in there. The interior of the home was checked for fire extension and all smoke and toxic gases were ventilated out of the structure," the fire department said.
We will have more information as it becomes available.
- Quick-spreading fire in Rochester sends 1 to hospital
- Rochester crash sends woman to hospital
- Quick changing road conditions
- Two-vehicle collision in Rochester sends two to the hospital
- Rochester man sentenced for sending his son to the hospital
- Near head-on collision sends 1 to Rochester hospital
- Two-vehicle crash in Rochester sends one to the hospital
- Two-car accident in Rochester sends one person to hospital
- Crash sends three to hospital
- Rochester's Christmas Anonymous spreads holiday cheer