CHARLES CITY, Iowa – Going to trial proved costly for one of the men arrested for a home invasion.
9-year-old Andre Johnson, 20-year-old DeAngelo Hawkins, and 20-year-old Michael Jackson were accused of breaking into a home in the 400 block of B Street in Charles City in July. Someone hiding in a closet called 911 and reported armed intruders in their home.
Hawkins and Jackson both entered guilty pleas to 2nd degree burglary. Jackson received five years of probation and Hawkins’ sentencing is scheduled for January 8, 2018.
Johnson pleaded not guilty to 1st degree burglary and was convicted by a jury. On Friday, he was sentenced to up to 25 years in prison. Johnson has already filed notice he will appeal.
- Quarter-century sentence for Charles City home invasion
- Final sentence in Charles City home invasion
- Guilty trio in Charles City home invasion
- Quarter-century sentence for northeast Iowa drug dealer
- Second home invasion defendant sentenced
- Home invasion being investigated in St. Charles
- Two sentenced for Rochester home invasion
- Fourth sentence in Rochester home invasion
- Final sentence in Rochester home invasion
- Sentence upheld in Rochester home invasion