ROCHESTER, Minn.- Crews at the public works department are already gearing up for the snow. Record breaking snow for the month of February and we're not done yet. Over 20-inches of snow for this month...leaving Wisconsin natives Sue Newago and Mary Defoe yearning for warmer weather.
“It's cold and it's snowy and we're ready for some warm weather but we probably still got about six or eight weeks of cold and snow,” they said.
With more snow coming where does the city take the extra snow? If you were to drive on 7th street you'd probably seen a growing mountain, near silver lake park.
“We have newer equipment a big snow blower that can stack it up higher that allows us more capacity,” said Dan Plizga.
- Public works crews gear up to tackle another snow storm
- Sanitation crews work through cold
- Mason City street crews starting to tackle potholes
- Working through the snow days
- Bitter cold follows snow storm
- Crews work to restore power in Rockford
- Using Public Transportation in the Snow
- Rochester to tackle invasive bug
- Monday's snow storm affects Rochester transportation
- Getting snow blowers repaired before weekend storm