MASON CITY, Iowa – A Floyd County man gets a deferred judgment for a deadly crash.
Thomas John Parcher, 29 of Marble Rock, pleaded guilty to homicide by vehicle by reckless driving for a December 22, 2017, rollover crash in Cerro Gordo County. Authorities say Parcher was driving and a passenger, Tonya Martin of Rockwell, was thrown from the vehicle and died at the scene.
Law enforcement said Parcher had a blood alcohol content of .136 after the crash.
On Monday, Parcher was sentenced to three years of supervised probation. He must also obtain a substance abuse evaluation and complete all recommended treatment. Court records state if Parcher successfully finishes his probation, this conviction will be wiped from his record.
- Probation in fatal Cerro Gordo County rollover
- Rollover accident in Cerro Gordo County
- Driver injured in Cerro Gordo County rollover
- UPDATE: No one hurt in Cerro Gordo County rollover
- Cerro Gordo Co. man gets probation for drug arrest
- Prison sentence for fatal collision in Cerro Gordo County
- Drug charges for Cerro Gordo County man
- First confirmed flu in Cerro Gordo County
- Cerro Gordo County dispatchers receive $16,000 grant
- Car theft sentence in Cerro Gordo County