ROCHESTER, Minn. – A March car chase results in probation for a Rochester man.
Ryan Matthew Vangness, 32, pleaded guilty to fleeing a peace officer in a motor vehicle, 5th degree drug possession, and DWI. He was sentenced Wednesday to five years of supervised probation, must pay $6,114.13 in restitution, and must either perform 100 hours of community work service or pay a $1,000 fine.
Authorities say Vangness was involved in a chase with Rochester police, the Olmsted County Sheriff’s Office, and the Minnesota State Patrol on Highway 52 that ended when Vangness’ vehicle was disabled by a state trooper.
- Probation for Highway 52 car chase
- Car fire on Highway 52
- Highway 52 Motorcycle Accident
- Fatal crash on Highway 52
- Improvements on Highway 52 Southbound
- Truck fire on Highway 52
- Two-vehicle crash on Highway 52
- One hurt in crash on Highway 52
- Highway 52 crash impacts travel Friday morning
- UPDATE: One injured in Highway 52 collision