MASON CITY, Iowa - It was a scary situation Thursday night as a private plane had to make an emergency landing at the Mason City Municipal Airport.
Just before 7 p.m., first responders arrived at the airport for a plane that was suffering from a faulty engine, according to authorities on scene.
The plane, carrying less than a half dozen people, was able to land safely. No injuries were reported.
The plane was traveling from Ohio to Sioux Falls, South Dakota, according to authorities.
- Private plane forced to make emergency landing at Mason City airport
- Plane makes unexpected landing on Clear Lake
- Iowa flight makes emergency landing in Milwaukee
- Glider makes emergency landing in Worth County
- Plane blows a tire while landing at Rochester International Airport
- Record set at the Mason City airport
- Mason City Municipal Airport awarded grants for upgrades
- Chasing and making history at Mason City
- City declares snow emergency
- Emergency repairs needed at the Mason City Public Library