ROCHESTER, Minn. – A man arrested for threatening a woman with a gun is going to prison.
Mark Anthony Tavares, 35 of Stewartville, was charged with five felonies and one misdemeanor after the December 8, 2018, incident which the Olmsted County Sheriff’s Office says started with an argument at a bar and concluded when Tavares told his victim to get out of a vehicle and grabbed a pistol.
Law enforcement set up a perimeter in the 5300 block of County Road 139 SE and say Tavares was caught with a loaded revolver and a rifle.
On Tuesday, he pleaded guilty to a firearm violation by a felon convicted of a crime of violence. Tavares has been sentenced to five years in prison, with credit for 29 days already served.
- Prison sentence for gun threat in rural Olmsted County
- Prison sentence for Winneshiek County gun threat
- Tanker truck flips in rural Olmsted County
- Two SUVs crash in rural Olmsted County.
- Prison sentence for Olmsted County kidnapping/sexual assault
- Olmsted County woman pleads not guilty to gun threat
- Sheriff: Gun threat leads to numerous charges in Olmsted County
- Rural Mower County burglary going to prison
- Charges dropped in Olmsted County death threat
- Three sentenced for rural Floyd County burglary