MASON CITY, Iowa – A Cerro Gordo County man is going to prison for a crash that killed a Hampton woman.
Paul Edward Wood, 60 of Manly, pleaded guilty to homicide by reckless driving, possession of methamphetamine-third offense, and possession of marijuana-third offense. Authorities say he was under the influence of both drugs when he drove across the center line on Highway 65, just north of Rockwell on November 25, 2016, and collided head on with 22-year-old Griselda Tello.
She was pronounced dead at the scene while Wood and a third driver hit by a piece of crash debris were injured.
Wood has now been sentenced to 10 years for the homicide charge and five years for each drug charge, to run concurrently for a total of 10 years in prison.
- Prison sentence for fatal collision in Cerro Gordo County
- Two hurt in Cerro Gordo County collision
- Probation in fatal Cerro Gordo County rollover
- Car theft sentence in Cerro Gordo County
- Hospital harasser sentenced in Cerro Gordo County
- Check forger sentenced in Cerro Gordo County
- Plea deal in deadly Cerro Gordo County collision
- Friday collision injures three in Cerro Gordo County
- One driver injured in Cerro Gordo County collision
- UPDATE: State Patrol identifies people in Cerro Gordo Co. collision