ROCHESTER, Minn. – Trying to steal a phone is sending a man to prison.
Sherman Freddie Washington, 28 of Rochester, was found guilty of simple robbery for an October 31 incident in front of Fontaine Towers. Police say Washington punched two men and tried to take one of their cell phones.
Washington was acquitted on charges of theft and 5th degree assault.
He’s been sentenced to five years behind bars, with credit for 224 days already served.
- Prison sentence for Rochester man
- Rochester man sentenced to prison for marijuana
- Prison sentence for Rochester meth dealer
- Rochester meth dealer sentenced to prison
- Prison sentence for Owatonna man
- Rochester man sentenced for holding two women prisoner
- Prison sentence after man steals Rochester police car
- Homeless man gets prison sentence for attacking Rochester woman
- Rochester man sentenced for stalking
- Man sentenced for Rochester robberies