ROCHESTER, Minn. – Kidnapping and sexually assaulting a woman is sending a Rochester man to prison.
Bakil Nuh Dahir, 25, was sentenced Monday to nine years in state prison, followed by 10 years of conditional release. A jury found him guilty in February of kidnapping, 3rd degree criminal sexual conduct, and false imprisonment for an October 2018 incident.
Police say Dahir gave a man and woman a ride home, then threatened the man with a tire iron until he got out. Court documents state Dahir then drove off with the woman and sexually assaulted her before dropping her off at a gas station.
Dahir’s trial lasted four days and it took the jury only hours to convict him.
- Prison sentence for Olmsted County kidnapping/sexual assault
- Prison sentence in Freeborn County kidnapping
- Northern Minnesota man sentenced for assaulting an Olmsted County deputy
- Prison sentence for gun threat in rural Olmsted County
- Teen suffers cut in Olmsted County assault
- Iowa man gets life for kidnap, sexual assault of girl
- Osage man arrested for kidnapping and sexual assault
- Second sentencing set in Freeborn County kidnapping
- Child porn sentence in Olmsted County
- Former fugitive finally sentenced in Olmsted County