CHARLES CITY, Iowa – A central Iowa man is going to prison for a baby’s injuries in Floyd County.
19-year-old Nathan Douglas Jacobson of Boone pleaded guilty to child endangerment causing bodily injury for an incident on October 17, 2016 in Charles City where authorities say a baby under Jacobson’s care was dropped, shaken, and slapped.
Doctors said the infant suffered bruises to the face and head, retinal bleeding, subdural bleeding, and an altered mental status.
Jacobson has been sentenced to five years in prison, with credit for time served.
- Prison sentence for Charles City child endangerment
- Charles City man charged with child endangerment
- Child endangerment charge dropped against Charles City man
- Nashua woman sentenced for child endangerment
- Mason City man sentenced for drunk driving and child endangerment
- Prison sentence for Charles City parking lot assault
- Charles City man gets consecutive sentences for child sex crimes
- Child sex crimes mean consecutive sentences for Charles City man
- Woman accused of child endangerment gets probation
- Winnebago Co. woman arrested for child endangerment