FOREST CITY, Iowa – A man who broke into a woman’s home and attacked her is going to prison.
Dustin James Olson, 36 of Buffalo Center, pleaded guilty to 3rd degree burglary and assault causing bodily injury. Authorities say he entered a home in Rake on July 12 through the garage door and tried to strangle a woman inside. The victim received bruises to her neck, wrist, and back.
Olson’s sentence is five years in prison, with credit for time already served, and a $315 fine.
- Prison for Winnebago County man
- Winnebago County man pleads guilty to forgery
- Winnebago County man injured in Minnesota collision
- No CAFO in Winnebago County
- Winnebago County hosting summer fun
- Sex abuse case dropped in Winnebago County
- Shooting investigation underway in Winnebago County
- Not guilty plea in Winnebago County embezzlement
- Tool thief pleads guilty in Winnebago County
- Plea deal in Winnebago County bat attack