ALBERT LEA, Minn. – A southern Minnesota man is going to prison for a winter burglary.
Jabar Pedro Morarend, 46 of Albert Lea, was sentenced Monday to four years and three months behind bars, with credit for 248 days already served.
He was arrested on January 26 and charged with 1st degree burglary. Authorities say Morarend left tracks in the snow from a home where the dresser drawers were all found partially opened to a home where he was found sitting in the basement. Police say Morarend was sitting next to a washing machine and wet shoes behind the machine matched the tracks in the snow.
Morarend was found guilty of 2nd degree burglary in June.
- Prison for Albert Lea burglar
- Church burglar sentenced in Albert Lea
- Albert Lea stabber sentenced
- Albert Lea police investigate shooting
- Albert Lea's Glazier picks Iowa
- Camper fire in Albert Lea
- Art installation in Albert lea
- Flames destroy Albert Lea garage
- Forklift fire in Albert Lea
- Boundary Adjustments For Albert Lea