FORT MADISON, Iowa – The Iowa Department of Corrections says an officer was assaulted by an inmate Friday morning.
It happened around 8 am at the prison in Fort Madison. The Department says the correctional orricer was conducting routine duties in a living unit when the inmate punched the officer, knocked him to the ground, and starting kicking him. Additional prison staff was able to quickly come to the officer’s assistance.
He was taken to the Fort Madison Community Hospital, where he was treated and released.
This incident remains under investigation.
- Prison attack in Fort Madison
- Officers attacked at Faribault prison
- Prison for Mason City chain attack
- Prison attacks on the rise in Minnesota
- Officer dies after responding to prison attack
- Department says 2 guards assaulted at Fort Dodge prison
- State officials: Fort Dodge prison fire under control
- Fort Dodge prison officer beaten after rushing to cell fire
- Prison sentence upheld in attack on 85-year-old woman
- Floyd County man going to prison for attacking wife