ROCHESTER, Minn.- A community organization is teaming up with the Rochester Public Library to host a pride picnic for residents.
Transforming Families is an organization that offers support to transgendered and gender nonconforming youth across the state.
The picnic was held to show that there are resources for families struggling with raising a transgendered child.
Nicole Vanderheiden is with the organization.
She tells me in Rochester they're aren't a lot of resources for parents to go to.
She hopes to give parents a better understanding of raising a trans child.
“So important for friends and family to come around and be a support and be a place that embraces those trans folks and their true identity and their authentic selves,” said Vanderheiden.
- Pride Picnic in Rochester
- Rochester’s annual International Summer Picnic
- Rochester Pride Board Raises Money For Pride Festival
- CURE hosts Labor Day Picnic
- Transplant patient and donor family picnic
- Governor Kim Reynolds speaks at Winnebago Industries annual picnic
- Pride events a-go, despite Pridefest cancellation
- Celebrating pride at the public library
- Celebrating equality during Mason City Pride
- Probation for Rochester man