PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) — President Donald Trump is predicting that Democrats and Republicans will “eventually come together “on a new health care plan for the country.
Sending a Twitter post early Tuesday from his Florida resort, Trump said “the very unfair and unpopular Individual Mandate has been terminated as part of our Tax Cut Bill, which essentially Repeals (over time) Obamacare.”
Much of former President Barack Obama’s Affordable Care Act remains intact, however, and the sign-up period for the various options was carried out as normal this year.
Majority Republicans sought repeatedly to repeal the 2010 law this year, but couldn’t get it through the Senate.
Trump his wife, Melania, and their son, Barron, spent Christmas at his Mar-a-Lago resort.
- President predicts compromise on health care
- UPDATE: Democrats rejects President Trump's compromise offer
- Albert Lea city employees' information compromised
- President to sign border compromise, declare 'national emergency' to build wall
- Rochester predicts high voter turnout
- Health care decisions facing 2019 Minnesota legislature
- Walz calls for education, health care investment
- Mass shooting predictions by state study
- Iowa House passes broad mental health care reform
- DFL, GOP governor hopefuls talk farms, fuel and health care