PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) — President Donald Trump is saying there won’t be protection for young immigrants brought into the country illegally unless he gets funding for a border wall and other items.
Trump said on Twitter Friday: “The Democrats have been told, and fully understand, that there can be no DACA without the desperately needed WALL at the Southern Border and an END to the horrible Chain Migration & ridiculous Lottery System of Immigration etc.”
He added: “We must protect our Country at all cost!
The battle over immigration has been delayed until next year. Democrats want protections for the young immigrants, who are referred to as “Dreamers.” But while there is significant bipartisan sympathy for these immigrants, GOP demands for Trump’s border wall and for immigration agents have proved difficult to resolve.
- President links DACA help with border wall
- President Trump says he's declaring emergency to build border wall
- House fails to override President's veto on border wall funding
- President to sign border compromise, declare 'national emergency' to build wall
- President Trump expected to seek $8.6B for border wall in new budget
- U.S. Air Force veteran using crowdsourcing for border wall
- Pentagon approves an additional 20 miles of border wall
- President says wall funding needed for 'humanitarian crisis'
- President Trump wants military to secure border with Mexico