OSCEOLA, Iowa (AP) — The Iowa State Patrol says a pregnant woman and her 2-year-old stepson have died in a crash in south-central Iowa.
The crash happened Friday evening in Clarke County, about 9 miles south of Osceola. The patrol says 22-year-old Bethannie Kennedy, of Osceola, was driving south on U.S. 69 when she lost control, went sideways and was broadsided by a northbound pickup truck.
Both Kennedy and 2-year-old Michael Dohrn Jr., of Osceola, died from injuries received in the crash.
Officials say the pickup driver was not injured.
The crash remains under investigation.
- Pregnant mother and stepson killed in Iowa crash
- Minnesota man killed in southern Iowa crash
- Spring Valley teen killed in Iowa crash
- Child killed in crash in northwestern Iowa
- 1 person killed in northeast Iowa crash
- UPDATE: Mother and Girl Scout killed in Wisconsin crash
- Iowa woman charged in crash that killed husband
- Police: 2 killed in Iowa crash after car stolen
- Omaha man killed in motorcycle crash in western Iowa
- Name released of Iowa motorcyclist killed in Fillmore County crash