MASON CITY, Iowa - They've been helping people live sober for half a century, now Prairie Ridge is taking some time to celebrate.
The substance abuse treatment center had humble beginnings in old nurses quarters at Mercy hospital. They started with a few workers who wanted to help those with alcohol addiction. Today they have over 100 employees, some of whom have been through the treatment program at Prairie Ridge.
The center treats thousands of patients across North Iowa.
- Prairie Ridge treatment center celebrates 50th anniversary
- CBS News live coverage: Moon launch 50th anniversary
- Prairie Ridge asking for input on methamphetamine use in north Iowa
- Oxbow Park and Zollman Zoo celebrates 50th birthday
- Celebrating National Bird Day at the Fossil & Prairie Park
- Women's treatment center opening in Rochester.
- New name for "Prairie Home Companion"
- Countdown to Kickoff: Blooming Prairie Awesome Blossoms
- SAW: Kaden Thomas of Blooming Prairie
- Celebrating the 60th anniversary of "the day the music died"