DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — The estimated Powerball jackpot has climbed to $460 million, making it the nation's 10th largest lottery prize.
Players have until Wednesday night to spend $2 for a chance at the big prize, awarded to anyone matching five white balls drawn from one drum and a red Powerball drawn from another. The odds of winning are one in 292.2 million.
It's the biggest Powerball jackpot since a $758.7 million prize won last August.
The $460 million prize refers to the annuity option, paid over 29 years. The cash prize would be $291 million, which would be trimmed further by taxes.
Lottery players also can vie for another giant prize, as the Mega Millions game now offers a grand prize of $418 million. The next drawing for that game is Friday.
- Powerball jackpot now $460M for nation's 10th largest prize
- Powerball's $620 million jackpot hopes to tempt Mega Millions losers
- Single mother claims Iowa Powerball jackpot (with video)
- New York man wins $344 million Powerball jackpot by playing same numbers for 25 years
- New report finds Iowa ranked 10th nationally in childhood obesity
- Mega Millions jackpot at $548,0000,000
- Winning Powerball ticket sold in New Hampshire
- Local sports scores from Saturday, March 10th
- $343M and $440M jackpots tempt lottery players
- Mega Millions numbers for $1B jackpot announced