ROCHESTER, Minn. - On their Twitter page, Rochester Public Utilities reported a 15-minute power outage in Northwest Rochester. Several businesses were affected, including Five Guys.
Crew member Jeffrey Wiser tells KIMT that they lost a line to the door during their lunch hour rush because they were unable to cook food. Additionally, "All of our fresh food in the back, we were worried about that because if that goes bad, then the whole store's got to shut down but thankfully it came back on in time and we were able to save all of our food."
RPU says the outage was caused by a breaker failure at a substation.
- Power restored in NW Rochester
- Gas leak in NW Rochester
- UPDATE: Power restored to thousands after power outage in Rochester
- UPDATE: Power restored after major outage in downtown Rochester
- UPDATE: Power restored for nearly 1,000 in northwest Rochester
- UPDATE: Power restored in Hancock, Wright Counties
- Crews work to restore power in Rockford
- The Rochester Carillon restoration nearly complete
- One person dead after shots fired in NW Rochester
- UPDATE: Home saved after garage fire in NW Rochester