Thousands were without power Wednesday morning as the season’s first winter storm hit the area.
According to the Alliant Energy outage map, there are outages in Cerro Gordo, Hancock Floyd, Wright and Hardin counties.
More than a thousand customers were affected in Wright and Hardin counties.
As of 9:30 a.m., the number without power was down to just over 400.
RPU: Click here.
Freeborn-Mower Coop: Click here.
Alliant Energy: Click here.
MidAmerican Energy: Click here.
- Power outages affect thousands in north Iowa
- Power outages affect thousands in north Iowa, southern Minnesota
- Power outage affects hundreds
- Power outage affects around 1,600 in north Iowa
- UPDATE: Power restored to thousands after power outage in Rochester
- North Iowa students stay in school during power outage
- Power outage affects many Tuesday in Forest City
- Hundreds in Mason City affected by power outage early Tuesday
- Around 2,400 affected by early-morning power outage in Rochester
- Thousands in the dark due to power outages; storm also blamed for damage in north Iowa, fire in southern MN