UPDATE: Alliant Energy says the power outage Wednesday night in Mason City was caused when a power line broke. Alliant says the line had been hit several months ago when another company was digging in the area and was snapped by the freeze/thaw pattern this spring.
UPDATE; Alliant Energy says power was restored to the affected area of Mason City around 9:30 pm.
No word yet on the cause of the outage.
Previous story below.
MASON CITY, Iowa – Alliant Energy crews are called to deal with a power outage near downtown Mason City.
The outage, affect around 1,400 people in the area of North Monroe and North Madison Avenue west of the Cerro Gordo County Courthouse, began at 7:12 pm. Alliant says they hope to have electricity restored by 10 pm.
No word yet on what caused the outage.
- Power restored to over 1,400 in Mason City
- UPDATE: Over 1,400 power outages in Rochester Tuesday afternoon
- Power restored in NW Rochester
- UPDATE: Power restored to more than 2,700 Alliant Energy customers in Mason City
- UPDATE: Power restored in Hancock, Wright Counties
- Crews work to restore power in Rockford
- UPDATE: Power restored to thousands after power outage in Rochester
- UPDATE: Power restored after major outage in downtown Rochester
- UPDATE: Power restored for nearly 1,000 in northwest Rochester
- UPDATE: Power restored after outages in Kossuth County