FOREST CITY, Iowa – Power was lost in Forest City Tuesday afternoon.
City Administrator Barb Smith says the electricity went out around 1:15 or 1:30 pm. Smith says they had to fire up the city power plant and hoped to have power restored to the entire community by 2:30 or 2:45 pm.
Heartland Power Cooperative confirms they also had a temporary power outage but cannot immediately say how many people were affected. Heartland says they serve people in 12 counties in North Iowa and southern Minnesota and that power was quickly restored.
- Power outage affects many Tuesday in Forest City
- Power outage affects hundreds
- Power outage Friday in Forest City
- Hundreds in Mason City affected by power outage early Tuesday
- Power outages affect thousands in north Iowa, southern Minnesota
- Power outage affects around 1,600 in north Iowa
- Around 2,400 affected by early-morning power outage in Rochester
- UPDATE: Over 1,400 power outages in Rochester Tuesday afternoon
- Update: Power restored after outage affected more than 1,300 in Cerro Gordo County
- Power outage affects more than 1,000 in Floyd County early Thursday