CLAREMONT, Minn. – The U.S. Postal Service is shutting down the Claremont Post Office.
Excessive snow is causing concerns over structural safety in the leased facility and the Postal Service says it will work with the landlord to resolve the issue. While that is going on, PO Box delivery, street delivery, and retail service has been relocated to the Kasson Post Office at 14 E. Veteran’s Memorial Highway.
The Postal Service says it cannot retrieve mail and packages that were in the Claremont Post Office when it was closed on Wednesday, due to safety concerns, until a structural engineer evaluates the building.
It is unknown when the Claremont Post Office will reopen.
- Post office closed in Claremont
- Claremont post office to reopen Friday
- Few details being released on Highway 14 accident in Claremont
- Post-Christmas Returns
- Worth County Sheriff's Office post tips to keep kids safe
- Reward offered in Crystal Lake post office burglary
- OSHA proposes nearly $185K in penalties against Iowa post office
- Item that caused evacuation around Hampton Post Office found to be harmless
- Former police officer accused of criminal sexual conduct out of jail after posting bond
- West Concord Police asking for help to stop vandalism at the Post Office