MASON CITY, Iowa – Police are reporting a railroad officer shot someone in Mason City Thursday afternoon.
It happened around 4:25 pm at the railroad tracks on 9th Street NW. Mason City Police Chief Jeff Brinkley says one person was taken to the hospital with a gunshot wound. The Union Pacific-employeed special officer is reported safe.
The Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation and Union Pacific are investigating this incident.
- UPDATE: Railroad officer involved in Mason City shooting
- Investigation continues into Mason City shooting involving railroad police officer
- Railroad officer involved in Mason City shooting on paid administrative leave; man still hospitalized
- Railroad crossing closed Thursday in Mason City
- UPDATED: Railroad 'Quiet Zone' work starts Monday in Mason City
- UPDATE: Name released in officer-involved shooting
- Railroad officer who shot subject in Mason City will not be indicted
- Slain Mason City railroad officer getting name on national monument after 100 years
- Update: 1 dead after Albert Lea officer-involved shooting