Photo Gallery 1 Images
DEXTER, Minn. – A man and a teen from Oklahoma were killed Thursday morning in a one-vehicle crash in Mower County.
The Minnesota State Patrol says Antonio Padillabarra, 45 of Tulsa, OK, was driving a Dodge Ram pickup west on Interstate 90 when the vehicle went out of control just after 7 am, went into the median, and came to a stop in the eastbound lanes.
Padillabarra and a backseat passenger, Eduardo Padilla, 18 of Tulsa, OK, were thrown from the pickup and killed. The State Patrol says neither was wearing a seat belt.
Two other passengers were taken to St. Marys Hospital in Rochester for treatment of non-life threatening injuries. They are Jose Ivan Lagunasroja, 39 of Columbia, Missouri, and Jordan Adelaido Ochoafernandez, 18 of Columbia, MO. The State Patrol says they were wearing seat belts.
The Mower County Sheriff’s Office and Olmsted County Sheriff’s Office assisted with this crash. The highway was snow and ice covered at the time of the accident.
Detour route for I-90 eastbound is exit at Dexter (Exit # 193), east on Hwy 16 to Hwy 63 north to Stewartville where highway connects with I-90. Closure expected for several hours. https://t.co/PkhevLygbU
— MnDOT District 6 (@mndotsoutheast) February 13, 2020
- State Patrol: Two from Oklahoma killed in I-90 crash in Mower County
- Crash on icy I-90 in Mower County
- Pickup truck loses a tire on I-90 in Mower County
- Crash on I-90 in Freeborn County
- Rollover crash Thursday on I-90 in Mower County sends 1 to hospital
- State Patrol: Friday's fatal crash on I-90 was Minnesota's deadliest since 2010
- Highway Patrol: 3 killed in shooting at Oklahoma Walmart
- State Patrol: Alcohol involved in Mower County crash that injured 1
- State Patrol: 4 injured in collision at Mower Co. intersection
- 6 killed in overnight crash on I-90 in SE Minnesota