ROCHESTER, Minn. - La Vetta, a restaurant and bar located in the rooftop area of H3 Plaza in downtown Rochester, is closed for the next few months. The space is being reconceptualized.
Nova Restaurant Group owns and manages La Vetta as well as Terza, Pescara, and Chester's. Titan Development and Investments owns H3 plaza where La Vetta is located.
What will the reconceptualization be? Nova Restaurant Group and Titan Development and Investments isn't quite sure yet. "Various options of a physical, culinary, and entertainment metamorphosis are being explored for H3 Plaza's rooftop space," says a statement about the project.
"We're here for the long term and we want to make sure that we get it right. Downtown Rochester is going through this incredibly exciting transformation and we want to make sure that we've got a concept that fits in," explains marketing consultant for Nova Restaurant Group Pat Forciea.
Gene Wolf thinks the change could help improve the revitalization of downtown Rochester. "We've got more things going on. The new Hilton Building is opening up, the Holiday is under construction, and if they're going to remodel or reinvision this, that's all good I think."
There's no set date for when La Vetta's doors will be open again, but Forciea tells KIMT that Nova Restaurant Group hopes to have an idea of what direction the restaurant is headed by early July.
- Popular rooftop restaurant is closed... for now
- Local people mourn the loss of a popular restaurant
- Little Free Libraries Gain Popularity
- Wrestling is growing increasingly popular with girls
- Restaurants struggle to find employees
- Local restaurant delivers pizza to federal workers
- Crews rescue Minnesota restaurant diners after flooding
- Historic North Iowa restaurant changing hands
- Restaurant hosts 'Dairy Farmer Appreciation Day'
- Most popular ideas to revitalize Southbridge Mall released