CLEAR LAKE, Iowa - Police are warning drivers to stay sober when they hit the roads. In both Iowa and Minnesota, state patrols are putting more manpower on the streets to catch drivers who may have had too much to drink.
On Highway 122 in Clear Lake, Iowa State Patrol had pulled over several cars, proof that they are keeing their eyes open for drunk drivers.
The extra patrols will last until July 7th.
- Police watching out for intoxicated drivers over holiday weekend
- Worth County Sheriff: Deputy nearly hit by intoxicated driver
- Holiday travel safety for drivers
- Holiday traffic safety for drivers
- Sheriff: Intoxicated Cresco driver accused of hitting deputy after driving around accident scene
- Police see an uptick in impaired drivers over the holiday
- Bill would reduce liability of serving intoxicated customers
- Iowa OL Wirfs arrested, charged with intoxicated driving
- Man plans intoxication defense in Mason City bar stabbings
- Speed and intoxication blamed for Olmsted County motorcycle crash