CLEAR LAKE, Iowa – Stolen bits of music history have been recovered.
The Clear Lake Police Department says two framed family photos of Ritchie Valens and a framed movie poster which were stolen on February 2 were recovered Thursday morning.
Captain Mike Colby says the items are in good condition. They belong to the family of the singer who died February 3, 1959, along with Buddy Holly and J.P. "The Big Bopper" Richardson in a plane crash in Cerro Gordo County. The photos and poster were in Clear Lake for the Winter Dance Party Celebration at the Surf Ballroom.
Police say they were taken from a conference room at the Best Western Motor Lodge in Clear Lake during a family luncheon.
Anyone with information about where the memorabilia was during the 12 days it was missing is asked to contact the Clear Lake Police Department at 641-357-2186 or email@example.com. Contactors may remain anonymous.
- Police say stolen Ritchie Valens memorabilia is recovered
- Arrest made in Ritchie Valens theft
- Sheriff: Sports memorabilia collector in southern MN has nearly 200 items stolen
- Stolen vehicle recovered, man charged with theft, drug charges
- Stolen vehicle from Olmsted Co. recovered heavily damaged in St. Paul
- Stolen mail, drugs and ammunition recovered when Rochester search warrant executed
- Stolen truck sentence
- Tips to recover from the flu
- North Iowa recovering from weekend storm
- Police say automatic weapons stolen from Iowa gun shop