WATERLOO, Iowa (AP) — Police in northeastern Iowa say a Waterloo woman wounded in an accidental shooting is expected to recover.
The Courier reports that the woman was taken to a hospital following the shooting Thursday night.
Police say first responders were called to a home around 10:15 p.m. Thursday and found the woman with a single gunshot wound to the torso. Officials say she underwent surgery for her injuries.
Officers say a man at the house was handling a handgun when it accidentally fired.
- Police say shooting that injured NE Iowa woman was accidental
- 2 injured in NE Iowa rollover crash
- 1 person dead, another injured after shooting in NE Iowa
- Drug arrest in NE Iowa
- 3 injured in NE Iowa crash involving two vehicles
- Man injured in NE Iowa fireworks explosion; officer treated, too
- Motorcyclist seriously injured after striking deer in NE Iowa
- Patrol IDs 4-year-old accidentally run over by grandmother in NE Iowa
- Sheriff: NE Iowa man stabs himself after threatening woman's life
- NE Iowa woman charged with theft, 10 counts of forgery