DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — Police say a business owner shot and killed a burglar in southern Des Moines.
Sgt. Paul Parizek says the man was loading items from Kraft 5 Star Muffler into a stolen truck Wednesday morning when the repair shop owner arrived for work. The man confronted the owner instead of fleeing.
Parizek says it looks like a "stand your ground" case, but a decision on any charges will come from the Polk County attorney's office.
The Iowa law says people don't have to retreat before using deadly force if they think their lives are being threatened.
The names of those involved haven't been released.
- Police say Iowa business owner fatally shot burglar
- Rochester laundry business burglarized
- Minnesota man killed by Iowa business owner
- Police: Iowa man fatally shot after breaking into neighbor's home
- Iowa business owner won't be charged for killing Minnesota man
- Iowa authorities say man fatally shot while coyote hunting in NW Iowa
- Probation for teenage burglar
- Rochester garage burglar sentenced
- Update: 3 Clear Lake businesses burglarized Sunday into Monday
- Iowa dentist won't be charged for would-be burglar's death