GARNER, Iowa – Authorities say a bomb threat Thursday was aimed at specific people and not intended for the general public.
The Kwik Star on Highway 18 in Garner was evacuated after Garner police say they got a 911 call around 8 am about an explosive device inside a vehicle. Because the vehicle was near the Kwik Star, the store and the surrounding area was evacuated and the bomb squad was called in. No bomb was found.
The investigation continues and no charges have been filed at this time but Garner police say any threats of an explosive device were directed towards specific individuals.
- Police say Garner bomb threat aimed at 'specific individuals'
- Bomb threat at Garner convenience store forces evacuation
- Police: Juvenile charged after 'credible threat toward specific locations in Mason City'
- Police investigate bomb threat at Rochester Lourdes High School
- Minnesota individual section wrestling quarterfinals
- Minnesota individual section wrestling finals
- Not guilty plea in Rochester bomb threats
- Bomb threat at southern Minnesota school
- Charges dropped in Rochester bomb threats
- Bomb threat against northeast Iowa business