ROCHESTER, Minn. – Police had to respond to an unscheduled landing at Rochester International Airport Monday morning after a passenger reportedly started running and screaming inside the plane.
The Spirit Airlines flight from Houston, Texas, to the Twin Cities was diverted due to a medical emergency involving a passenger and landed in Rochester at around 10:45 am. The crew of the plane told police that a female passenger got out of her seat and caused a disturbance after being told of the emergency landing.
Lieutenant Mike Sadauskis says the woman yelled at the officers who arrived to remove her from the airplane but the woman was not arrested. Sadauskis says police were told the woman was a military veteran with PTSD, post-traumatic stress disorder, and the unscheduled landing apparently triggered some kind of panic episode.
The passenger with the medical emergency was taken by ambulance to St. Mary’s Hospital for treatment.
- Police respond to unscheduled landing at Rochester airport
- Rochester airport cancels all flights
- New security steps at Rochester International Airport
- Business booming at the Rochester airport
- The Rochester International Airport wants you to fly local
- Police looking for Rochester stabber
- Private plane forced to make emergency landing at Mason City airport
- Candidate responds to dismissal from search for Rochester's next police chief
- UPDATE: Firefighters respond to house fire in Rochester
- Rochester mom responds to mean prank with kindness