ROCHESTER, Minn. – A Kasson police officer who apparently tried to kill himself is now facing multiple felony charges.
The Olmsted County Sheriff’s Office says Julio Baez was found near Kasson on June 2 with self-inflicted gunshot wounds. According to the Olmsted County Adult Detention Center, Baez was arrested on Tuesday and is accused of sexual contact as an authority with a person under 13, false imprisonment, domestic assault, 2nd degree criminal sexual conduct, 3rd degree criminal sexual conduct, and 4th degree criminal sexual conduct.
No other information is available at this time. A press conference on Officer Baez is scheduled for Thursday morning.
- Southern MN police officer who reportedly shot himself now charged with sex crimes
- Former Rochester police officer charged with child sex crimes
- Police: Southern MN woman uses skateboard to elude officer
- Police conduct raid on southern MN house
- Former southern MN police officer sentenced for sex crimes: 'You have no insight at all into the pain you’ve caused'
- Man flees officers, then his house during southern MN pursuit
- Woman facing numerous charges after deadly crash in southern MN
- Man, 62, facing criminal sexual conduct charges in southern MN
- Southern MN couple charged after being found with 300 crappies
- Sheriff: Domestic incident results in charges, injuries in southern MN