ROCHESTER, Minn. - Authorities say the man they were trying to identify in connection with an alleged sexual assault has contacted Rochester police after seeing the story in the media.
The investigation is ongoing.
Rochester, Minn. - Rochester police are attempting to identify a person of interest in relation to an alleged sexual assault that occurred Sunday in the 200 block of 1st Ave. NW between 10-10:30 a.m.
Police say the suspect in this incident used a ruse to enter the victim’s residence and sexually assaulted her.
The suspect in this case is a stranger and was unknown to the victim.
The suspect is described as a thin black male, around 30 years old wearing dark pants and a red sweatshirt.
Surveillance cameras captured an image of someone who matched the suspect's description.
Persons who have information regarding the identity of the person of interest are requested to contact Investigator Ryan Edge directly at (507)328-6898 or the Police Non-Emergency Number at 507-328-6800.
- UPDATE: Person of interest in possible sexual assault contacts Rochester Police
- Rochester Police investigating sexual assault incidents
- Rochester Police: 1st in-person meeting after online relationship ends in sexual assault
- Man charged with sexual assault in Rochester
- UPDATE: Person of interest in Saturday's stabbing in Worth County
- Sexual Assault Awareness Month
- Police: Person of interest in Rochester shooting arrested on felony drug charges
- UPDATE: One person stabbed in southeast Rochester
- Police looking for 'person of interest' in apartment fires
- Rochester man sentenced for sexually assaulting a teen