MASON CITY, Iowa – A shooting Monday in Mason City included a man firing a gun in front of multiple subjects in front of a residence.
One person has been charged and police are looking for the victim after the shooting in the 1700 block of N. Pennsylvania Ave.
Police say evidence at the scene indicated a gun had been fired and someone was shot. Officers were called back to the same area around 3:11 pm Monday for a report of suspicious activity. A vehicle leaving the area was stopped and two men were detained.
The Mason City Police Department says the passenger in the vehicle, Derrick Norfleet Young, 24, of Mason City, has been charged with intimidation with a dangerous weapon for the earlier shooting. No charges have been filed against the driver.
"Young did discharge a firearm at subjects in front of (the) residence, striking one subject and placing other subjects in reasonable fear of injury," court documents state.
Police said the victim of the shooting has not been found and this investigation is continuing.
- Court docs: Mason City shooting placed 'other subjects in reasonable fear of injury'
- Court docs: Mason City woman accused of insurance fraud, theft
- Court docs: Mason City shooting suspect allegedly spit on officer, injured ISP trooper
- Court docs: Woman thought 'she was going to die' during domestic incidents in Mason City
- Court docs: Mason City man charged with child endangerment for leaving 4-year-old unattended for hours
- Court docs: Mason City man throws large knives at police responding to alleged domestic incident
- Court docs: Mason City victim was stabbed in back, face, stomach, chest and hand
- Court docs: Mason City police officer injured after chasing wanted man
- Court docs: Alleged work-place threat leads to 1st-degree harassment charge against Mason City man
- Court docs: Mason City man arrested after being caught burglarizing home