Photo Gallery 1 Images
ROCHESTER, Minn.-- Rochester Police are investigating after three men, one armed with a gun, robbed a tanning salon as an employee was closing up.
It happened around 10:30 Monday night at the Sun Tan City in the 3400 block of 22nd Ave. NW. Police say three men wearing masks, and dark clothes told the employee who was locking the doors, to open them back up and let them inside. One of the men forced the woman to the safe.
One of the men went to the victim's husband's car and told the man to get out of the car and forced him inside the business.
According to police, the store employee was pistol-whipped by one of the men and suffered minor head injuries after she didn't open the safe fast enough. She was taken to St. Mary's Hospital in Rochester for a head injury.
Police say the suspects were in and out of the business in about a minute, and they made off with an unknown amount of cash. They are also accused of stealing the victim's vehicle.
Rochester police say a K-9 track was done and found a maroon Pontiac G6 a block away that matched the description of a vehicle leaving the scene of a hotel robbery earlier this month.
The victim's car, a Dodge Dart, was recovered two blocks away on 20th Ave.
- UPDATE: Vehicles located after 3 involved in armed robbery
- Update: Mason City armed robbery suspect still on the loose
- UPDATE: Armed robbery suspect in custody in Rochester
- Austin police asking for public's help to locate vehicle involved in alleged hit and run
- Rochester police investigating apparent armed robbery
- Arrest made in Rochester armed robbery
- Rochester man facing armed robbery charge
- Reward offered in Rochester armed robbery
- Rochester man pleads guilty to armed robbery
- Armed robbery suspect sought in southern Minnesota