Photo Gallery 1 Images
MASON CITY, Iowa - A late morning vehicle pursuit lead to a brief foot chase.
According to officers, the chase began around 10 a.m. on Tuesday, when an officer was pursuing a stolen vehicle that was speeding on westbound Highway 122, but the chase was called off.
According to a tip, the driver of the vehicle abandoned it in the Mercy Medical North Iowa Cancer Center parking lot, with the driver darting inside before exiting and fleeing southbound across the highway to a residential area.
Officers tried to box the driver in by setting up a perimeter and looking for footprints in the snow, but were not successful.
The perimeter was lifted shortly after 11 a.m.
- Police involved in brief foot chase
- Man facing drug charges after short foot chase in Rochester
- Officer suffers injuries during foot chase in Mason City
- Man flees police, crashes into snow bank, gets caught during foot chase in Rochester
- Mason City Police: Man with large knife leads authorities on foot chase
- Police: 45-minute foot chase results in man arrested for allegedly beating man, robbing 2 people
- Police: Wanted Mason City man arrested after short vehicle pursuit, foot chase
- Update: 2 members of law enforcement injured during foot chase after DWI stop in Rochester
- Austin man arrested after police chase
- Rochester man gets probation for police chase