AUSTIN, Minn. - The body of an 18-year-old woman found on a sidewalk near her home has been identified.
Police said Tuesday the woman who died over the weekend was Erica Manzano, of Austin.
Abraham Cervantes-Pas, Mower County Jail
A man who police said was on the roof of the home and fled when authorities arrived was identified as 20-year-old Abraham Cervantes-Pas, of Austin.
He is in custody at the Mower County Jail for a probation violation for second-degree assault with a dangerous weapon.
No cause of death has been released, and authorities are waiting for a toxicology report.
Police said the woman’s body was found Saturday in the 800 block of 8th Ave. SW.
Police said Manzano was a student at the Austin High School. KIMT reached out to the Austin Public School District for a comment. David M. Krenz, Superintendent of the Austin Public School District, says there is a protocol in place for such emergencies. He released this statement:
“Additional counselors will be available throughout the week. If you have concerns for a student, colleague or yourself, please contact the AHS Counseling Office.”
- Police identify Austin woman, 18, who was found dead on sidewalk near her home
- Austin death investigation underway after woman, 18, found dead on sidewalk
- Stewartville’s sidewalk situation
- UPDATE: Missing Austin man found
- Woman found dead in southern Minnesota
- Flames severely damage Austin home
- Austin woman arrested for burglary
- Austin police arrest wanted man found hiding in storage shed
- Remains found in southern Iowa identified as Northwood woman
- Body found in Honolulu canal identified as Minnesota woman