ROCHESTER, Minn. – A K9 dog apprehended a suspect in a stolen vehicle case over the weekend.
Rochester police were called to the Kwik Trip near 9th Street and West Circle Drive around 10:32 pm Saturday. A man said a car he was borrowing from a friend had been stolen.
Around 10:50 pm, a man called police about a suspicious vehicle on his barn property in the 6300 block of 10th Street SW. The car matched the description of the one reported stolen at Kwik Trip.
Officers say the man in the car ran away and refused to come out from a wooded area. A K9 dog was released and caught the suspect, 27-year-old Sean Mikesell of Rochester.
Mikesell was taken to the hospital for treatment of dog bite injuries. He is facing a charge of motor vehicle theft.
- Police dog captures suspect
- Escaped goat proves a tough capture for Iowa police
- Dogs Downtown
- Police: Waffle House suspect arrested
- WATCH: Raw video captures fleeing suspect being apprehended in Mason City
- Drone video captures flooding in Mason City
- Democrats capture House, GOP holds Senate
- Rochester police release photo of shooting suspect
- Man bitten by a police dog wants to stand trial
- Officer injured, police dog killed in Minnesota shootout