LAKOTA, Iowa – A woman who police say was murdered Saturday in Kossuth County died of multiple stab wounds, according to court documents.
Chad Dietrick, 45, is being held in the Kossuth County Jail and has been charged with the first-degree murder of his live-in girlfriend, Krista Hesebeck, at 202 2nd St. He has also been charged with going armed with intent, a Class D felony.
According to the criminal complaint, Dietrick told law enforcement that he stabbed the female victim and was found at his parents’ residence at 517 Smith St. in Lakota.
Authorities say Dietrick and Hesebeck were involved in a verbal dispute which escalated into a murder early Saturday morning.
- Police documents: Victim in Lakota murder died from stabbing
- Autopsy reveals Lakota woman died of 'sharp force injuries'
- Lakota man facing murder charge in Kossuth County
- Trial scheduled for Lakota man accused of murder
- Beating victim dies in northeast Iowa
- UPDATE: Suspect and victims identified in fatal Rochester stabbings
- Medical examiner says Iowa student died from stab wounds
- Police had left scene of double murder 10 minutes before stabbing call was received
- Police: Man facing attempted murder charge after stabbing at Saint Marys Hospital
- Eastern Iowa man charged with attempted murder in stabbing