MASON CITY, Iowa - A man who had several valid Cerro Gordo Co. warrants was taken into custody Sunday after allegedly fighting with law enforcement.
Terry Kiefer, 27, of Mason City, was charged with interference with official acts-bodily injury in addition to being picked up for warrants. He was arrested in the 200 block of N. Madison Ave. at 6:48 a.m.
Authorities said Kiefer was told to stop several times before he “turned on the officer and took a hold of the officer’s arm and physically resisted the officer’s attempt to get Kiefer to the ground,” court documents state. The officer suffered a cut/abrasion on his neck.
- Police: Wanted Mason City man arrested after tussling with officer
- Police: Wanted Mason City man arrested after abusing woman
- Wanted Mason City man found, arrested for allegedly stealing vehicle
- Wanted Mason City man back in custody
- Court docs: Mason City police officer injured after chasing wanted man
- Mason City police searching for wanted man who allegedly slammed officer's hand in door before fleeing
- Mason City man arrested for sex abuse
- Man arrested in Mason City snowmobile thefts
- Police: Wanted Mason City man arrested after short vehicle pursuit, foot chase
- Wanted Mason City man arrested after allegedly attempting to flee police